Today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes for an easy breakfast: my baked apple oatmeal recipe! I bake this in the oven while I’m cooking other things and it gives me breakfasts for days. Plus it’s gluten-free! (NOTE: If you have Celiac’s disease, you must get certified gluten-free oats.)
Here we go!
Baked Apple Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups milk (dairy, almond, etc.)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-2 finely cut apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed above.
- Pour into pre-greased 1 1/2-quart Corningware dish, or any medium-sized baking dish. (I “pre-grease” with coconut oil spray or olive oil spray.)
- Top with more cinnamon, if you wish. (I’m a cinnamon-aholic.)
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Oatmeal should come out bubbling. I undercook mine just a tad because it continues to soak up the milk as it is stored in the refrigerator.
- To reheat: add a few drips of water per serving before reheating in microwave.
And that’s it! Would you try it? Feel free to share this baked apple oatmeal recipe with someone who would like it, too!