Today is a very exciting day! There are lots of new beginnings, so why wait? Here comes the breakdown:
- I have a group of over 20 people who are counting down 21 days of gratitude with me! Gratitude is a hot button term that tends to pop up in November, but I wanted to take this one step further: Each week will focus on one overall theme, and each day is guided towards a certain topic/area.
- I am officially starting a new workout program today! It’s called Core de Force and it’s a kickboxing, martial arts-style program. It’s not something that comes naturally to me, but then again, fitness didn’t come naturally to me about 4 years ago. I can’t stay in my comfort zone bubble forever!
The workouts require no equipment, and are 30-47 minutes in length. I tried it over the weekend and I was ridiculously sore. I’m ready to feel that level of soreness all week! The soreness goes away, but the badassery doesn’t. 😉
- My meal prepping hasn’t been super on-point lately (read: not at all on-point). Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been eating healthy overall! But I love prepping my meals the way that I like to prep my meals. I can’t do a spreadsheet that tells me what I’ll eat all week. We don’t have room in the fridge for that! But I plan on working out this morning, getting ready and then heading to the grocery store to make plenty of food for the week.
- My menu of food for the week:
- Turkey Chili
- Pumpkin Squash soup (this one is so cheap to make, it’s insane)
- Italian Turkey Meatballs
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- QuinoaOverall costs for food:
Butternut squash: .99 cents each
Ground Turkey: 5 pounds for $13 at Sam’s club
Beans (for chili): .69 cents per can
Canned pumpkin: .69 cents per can
Vegetable stock (for soup): $2.69
Sweet potatoes: about $1.99 for a 3-lb bag
Quinoa: $2.99 for a bag
ALSO: we always, always buy organic spinach and put it in our Shakeology, so add about $4.99 for a 16-ounce container of spinach in there too.
I’m going to keep it simple, healthy, and affordable this week!
GIVEAWAY!: If you sign up for my mailing list, I’ll send you my personal recipes for the rest of the food above!
I hope you have a healthy and happy week! Take care of yourself and your body, or no one else will!