I made this at our team retreat a few weeks back and everyone absolutely loved it. The best part is….it’s made in a slow cooker, so it’s even easier to make! Gosh, I might make this tomorrow, come to think of it…..
And so here we go!
- 1, 30-ounce can of diced tomatoes (or already crushed tomatoes)
- 1/2-1 medium onion, diced
- 1 10-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth, if vegetarian)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cut basil (I use dried- oh well, it’s better fresh!)
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients except Parmesan cheese to slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 4-6 hours). If cooking the heavy cream for that long scares you, then add that at the end too.
- After the cooking is done, spoon the soup into a blender (OR just use an immersion blender! Works like a charm for me!). Blend and combine.
- Pour soup back into crock pot. Add Parmesan cheese (and cream, if you haven’t yet already).
- Stir, cook for a few minutes more, and enjoy!
This is such good comfort food. Prepare to eat multiple bowls of this bad boy!
In peace & good health,