I cannot believe these are gluten-free.
I’ve been whipping these up with some Shakeology or leftover whey protein and they are UNREAL.
They have this wonderful crust on top, almost like a gluten-filled muffin (ha!)
and each one is incredibly light and fluffy inside. Really, it’s better than some regular-gluten cupcakes.
Here’s the recipe- enjoy!
Recipe: Gluten-Free Protein Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- Optional: 1 scoop whey protein powder or vanilla Shakeology
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine wet ingredients (bananas, eggs, almond milk) in mixer.
- Combine dry ingredients separately (all but walnuts). Whisk/sift together to combine.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in the mixer.
- If using walnuts, slowly mix in 1 cup of walnuts to batter.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners (or pre-greased cupcake tin) using 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Place and cook in oven for 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out 95% clean. (I’ve found that due to the moist nature of the banana, you might have a LITTLE bit of crumbs/batter on the toothpick. That’s okay in my book!)
Enjoy! Would you ever try this gluten-free banana nut muffin recipe? Share it! Let me know what you think!
In peace & health,
Amanda & the Fit Family