I love pizza. I could probably eat it every day (but try to keep it to twice/month). So when I have the opportunity to mimic pizza and keep on the healthy side of things, I’m all in.
I tried to make cauliflower crust pizza once before using a small cheese grater…and it was a tedious process.
This time I tweaked the recipe and used our Vitamix blender to grate the cauliflower. Voila! It took so much less time.
Without further ado, I give you….cauliflower crust pizza.
21 Day Fix translation:
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated/shredded
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- optional: 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- tomato sauce
- more mozzarella cheese (because that’s the good stuff!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean and cut head of cauliflower into smaller pieces. Place in blender (if strong enough); pulse several times until cauliflower is shredded.
- Pour shredded cauliflower into microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add beaten egg, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, mozzarella and parmesan cheese to the cauliflower mixture.
- Evenly distribute cauliflower “dough” onto lightly greased pan.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes alone, or until golden, before adding sauce.
- Next, add your tomato sauce and however much mozzarella cheese you want to use.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or so (or until golden on top).
Don’t forget to share this cauliflower crust pizza recipe with someone who would want to try it with you. Enjoy, and stay healthy, my friends!
In peace & health,
Amanda & the fit family