Happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing my favorite dry rub that’s easy to make and easy to cook on a nice piece of pork. It packs so much flavor and juice into the meat without any marinating time (which is perfect for those who don’t have time to set a marinade!).
Ingredients for dry rub:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp ground cumin
How to cook:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat a skillet in medium-high heat.
- Combine all dry rub ingredients together in bowl.
- Take at least a 1 lb piece of pork tenderloin and pour dry rub onto pork tenderloin with one hand.
- Flip tenderloin and pour the other half of the dry rub, covering it as much as possible.
- Pour 1-2 tbsp of olive oil into the hot skillet. Place pork tenderloin into hot, oiled pan. Cook pork tenderloin for 2-3 minutes, or until a nice crust starts to form on one side.
- Flip pork tenderloin in skillet. Immediately place skillet into preheated oven. Cook pork tenderloin for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (for well-done pork).
- Remove skillet from oven with oven mitts on (yes, I saw the skillet and forgot it was hot when I put it on the stove. D’oh!). Place pork tenderloin on plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
Would you make this pork tenderloin recipe? I’d love to hear your feedback! Comment below if you’ve given it a try!
In peace & health,
Amanda & the Fit Family