So yesterday I asked my Facebook friends to suggest Brussels sprout recipes. What resulted was a deluge of recipes, one after another, all unique to the people suggesting them! Woah! I had no idea that brussels sprouts were so popular these days!
I associate brussels sprouts to being boiled, soggy, and having a horrible smell (a la my childhood). But the truth is…I’ve wanted to try them for quite some time now. And voilá! Yesterday I did. Behold, I give you…my first recipe for brussels sprouts.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 1 container brussel sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean and cut brussels sprouts. If you’re not sure how to do this, check out this handy little video that I found on YouTube. (ps. it’s not mine!)
- Put cleaned, prepared brussels sprouts in gallon-sized ziploc bag. Pour in remaining ingredients (olive oil, salt, pepper, and optional garlic). Shake to evenly distribute.
- Put brussels sprouts on foil-lined pan and roast in oven for 30-45 minutes, shaking pan every 5-7 minutes.
- Brussels sprouts should be brown- don’t worry, you haven’t burned them!
Would you give this brussels sprouts recipe a try? Let me know what you think (or if you have a favorite recipe) by commenting below.
Have a great day, everyone!
In peace & health,
Amanda & the fit family