This one’s good.
I made this recipe on Fat Tuesday and I’m in love. It’s cost-effective, it’s filling, it’s healthy, and it’s perfect for those who aren’t eating meat on Fridays!
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Toss in minced garlic, letting it sweat for just a minute.
- Add mushrooms; cook for 2-5 minutes until reduced.
- While mushrooms are cooking, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and oregano.
- After mushrooms are done cooking, add 1-2 cups of spinach to mushrooms in skillet. The spinach will reduce down quickly.
- Evenly distribute spinach and mushrooms into a Pyrex pie dish. Pour egg mixture into pie dish.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.