So a gluten-free friend of mine gave me a recipe for pumpkin cookies. They may not be exactly sugar-free and healthy, but they are some of the best cookies I’ve ever had.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (this is the magical ingredient!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour through cinnamon). In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin through vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients (about 1/4 of the mixture) into the wet ingredients.
- Distribute about a spoonful of cookie batter on greased, foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of cookie cleanly.
Options for icing:
- dust powdered sugar and cinnamon onto the cookies while they are still warm.
- Make a cinnamon cream cheese icing, similar to the one that I made for my protein pancake recipe ages ago. (Find that recipe here!)
I promise you, the xanthan gum is worth it. It will change your viewpoint on gluten-free goodies.
Bon áppetit, my health-conscious friends!
In peace and health- xo