I’m officially 1/3 of the way done with the 3-day refresh! Here are my initial thoughts:
- I ate more food than I thought I would!
- I’ve been battling a cold, which reared its ugliest head yesterday (of course), so it was a pain to not take any ibuprofen or sudafed for my raw throat. I drank a ton of water instead.
- I was scared that I would get a caffeine withdrawal headache (since I decided to not drink coffee during the 3-Day Refresh), but I had a nice mug of green tea and, surprisingly, felt fine.
- I shook up the “fiber sweep” fiber drink on-the-go, and you know, it wasn’t terrible! It was a bit gritty but it tasted like lemonade. I was happy about that.
- My meals were satisfying! (I’ll post a few pictures below)
- I was hungry close to bedtime, so I had some herbal tea (with some apple cider vinegar) to keep off the hunger and help my sore throat.
- The only thing I would complain about is that I had some gas issues by the end of the evening, but I was warned that I might. Nevertheless, that was the worst thing about day 1, so I’m not complaining TOO much. Maybe the family would disagree with that one. 😉
I’m about to meal plan for Day 2, which is my toughest day to do so (as I will be driving in my car and away from any kitchen for most of the day). Wish me luck- I’ll report back tomorrow!
Here are some of the things I ate on Day 1: