I can’t believe it’s already been a month since my jaw surgery. I have made some comparison images and they are amazing. I can’t wait to see how everything looks once the swelling is down!
Here’s the progress, in pictures…
…and DAY 1 versus Day 30! My swelling is going down on the outer parts of my cheeks.
- The upper part of my face is still puffy, despite what the pictures might show. My co-workers think I look even younger than I did before. Good grief.
- Parts of my upper face are starting to get feeling again. The first day feels like I have sunburn and is slightly painful to the touch. The following day, that same part of my face feels pretty normal!
- It’s really funny- my smile droops on one side because the muscles aren’t as active as the other side!
- I’m starting to get more and more feeling at the base of my nose and upper lip. My bottom lip is almost back to normal.
- I can definitely smile more easily, but my cheeks are still frozen, resulting in a puffy, dimpled smile.
- I’m puffier as I wake up in the morning, but the swelling reduces to its normal level by mid-morning.
- I can’t open too much yet, either, but that could also be from me being cautious. When I try to open my jaw, I get popping on my left side, making me freak out. I’ll ask the doctor about it.
- The only pain I have are these goofy surgical hooks on my upper teeth. They are now at a diagonal to where they sit on my lip. As a result, they never cease to dig in and hurt. I’m running out of dental wax. Haha.
- My next follow-up appointment is on Wednesday. Here’s hoping all goes well!