Today is my 8th day post-op and overall, I am doing very well. My swelling is very minimal (thank God!), and I can speak more clearly with less of a lisp!
- I have transitioned to sleeping in a real bed last night. However, I’ve had some intermittent jaw pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night. It’s disconcerting.
- Even more so, I’ve had some sinus pain today as well. It feels like a sharp sinus headache that comes and goes. I can only assume that this, again, is just healing happening, but I’ll ask about it during my first post-op appointment.
- I want to return to my daily life, and yet I am still too tired to do so. It’s a difficult combination.
- Today I made my first meal since my surgery. (It sounds lazy, I know.) My metabolism is still moving so quickly, I became hangry tonight (a mix of hungry and angry). I made bean soup and also made hummus! I ate the hummus with a spoon…a little strange, but wonderfully filling. It was a comfort to eat hummus, a food I loved pre-jaw surgery!
- I don’t want to complain, but this whole blenderized diet thing is getting old. I hope to be bumped up to non-chew foods really soon! Hopefully early next week…..
- It’s amazing how minimal my swelling is. I might almost look back to normal by the middle of March!
That’s all for now. I’m hoping my head pain subsides soon, because it sure is annoying! Have a good weekend- I’ll update as I can.