Last weekend I made a pretty yummy meal for my boyfriend. He and I love stuffed mushrooms, and so I tried to make a gluten-free version from home! Laughingly enough, I forgot to get gluten-free breadcrumbs (after taking a picture of the extensive options I had at the grocery store). Alas, I used a little of Better Batter’s seasoned flour instead.
Gluten-Free Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6-8 mushrooms (just the caps); I used baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pack (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (I used 3-4 tbsp of Greek Yogurt instead)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used a little less than 1/4 cup of Better Batter seasoned flour)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you don’t want too much heat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C)
- Spray a baking sheet to avoid the mushrooms from sticking.
- Clean mushrooms and gently remove the stems.
- Combine garlic, cream cheese/Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in bowl. This will be thick!
- Use a spoon to scoop small amounts into each mushroom. Gently pack each mushroom with plenty of delicious filling.
- Place mushrooms on baking tray; bake for 20-22 minutes or until water starts to seep away from the mushrooms.
I never took an “after” picture because my boyfriend and I ate them all too quickly….oops. I liked these mushrooms because they were much healthier than the restaurant options and much more cost-effective!
What do you think of this recipe? Would you give it a try?