I recently made this dish after finding the recipe in a magazine. It combines all important elements: it’s easy to make, the ingredients are easy to find (or already may be in your house), it’s healthy, and it’s super delicious. (Plus it’s another Lent alternative!)
I think I’ll put this on my list of things to make for my best friend when I visit her in the UK next month (who’s excited? This girl!).
Braised Kale Frittata Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp chopped oregano
- cooking spray
- 2 cups braised kale without cheese, drained, finely chopped (steamed kale also works here)
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients (through oregano).
- Lightly coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium. Add kale and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, about hot (about 3 mins). Add egg mixture; swirl to distribute.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until set and hot (about 20 minutes- I did 30 to be safe). Cut in wedges.
The result: A green-looking quiche (“frittata”, tomato, tomahto) that tastes insanely good. I swear, it tastes like pizza.