Who doesn’t like a fresh, sweet treat?
Recipe: Chocolate-Covered Banana Bites (taken from Health Magazine)
Prep: 20 minutes; Freeze: 2 hours; Makes: 2 servings of 3 pieces
1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet because that’s what was at my house)
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 6 slices
- 3/4 tsp chopped almonds, toasted
- Microwave chocolate and oil in a large, microwave-safe bowl on high, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth (about 1 minute)
- Add the banana slices and roll in chocolate until well-coated. Transfer to wax paper-lined plate and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Place toothpick in center of banana bite for easy eating!
- Freeze until solid (about 2 hours)