A huge “kudos” and a pat on the back will be awarded to the first person who can identify the origin of this blog entry’s title. Just a small glimpse into the workings of my mind….
Do you ever get a few bananas that you just can’t eat up quickly enough before they become too ripe? I know I do, and just the other day I was making Quinoa flakes for breakfast and was casually reading the box as I cooked them. Alas: there was a recipe that called for “two very ripe bananas”. “Hooray!” I thought, “A recipe for me!”
And a new recipe was born.
Banana Quinoa Muffins (found on the Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes Box, with minor adaptations)
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour and flakes with dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, mix together banans, eggs, and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (cupcake liners work better)
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Note: the box says to “fill muffin tins 1/2 full”. I would eyeball this and use discretion as to not over-filling, but not halfway full.