I made Parmesan Ranch Chex Mix over the holidays and couldn’t get it enough of it. Best of all, it’s easy and mostly made of household items that you already have in your fridge!
Parmesan Ranch Chex Mix (Gluten Free!)
- 1 cup of air-popped popcorn (if you don’t have an air popper at your house, I suggest you buy one- they make fresh popcorn and are cost-effective too! If you do not have an air popper, I suggest popping one bag of 94% fat free popcorn in the microwave.)
- 2 cups Corn Chex (Rice Chex will work too)
- 2 cups gluten free pretzels (I recommend Glutino Pretzel Twists– they taste just as good as regular pretzels and are found easily at many supermarkets)
- 1 stick butter (I didn’t say that this recipe was 100% healthy!)
- 1/2 packet of dry Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop popcorn in whatever manner you like- air popper, microwave, etc. Put popped popcorn in large storage bag (as large as you like).
- Combine pretzels and chex into large plastic bag with popcorn. Shake to combine.
- Slowly add butter to chex mix. Shake in bag to combine again.
- Add 1/2 packet of dry Ranch salad dressing to mix; shake and manipulate again to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to Chex Mix. Shake and manipulate one last time to combine. (Note: If you want your Chex Mix to be a bit cheesier/saltier or less cheesier/saltier, simply use less or more of the ingredients!)
- Place Chex Mix on a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper (foil will work as well but it may stick). Add small additional amount of Ranch or Parmesan if desired.
- Put Chex Mix in oven for about 15 minutes. The idea here is simply to get the Chex Mix brown and toasted.
- After 15 minutes, remove from oven and enjoy this delicious snack!